Monday 10 August 2015

To Go Global?

Alright,

Welcome back to That Kitsch Itch the official blog for www.kitschitchtoys.webs.com the UK’s home for retro and vintage toys. Check us out on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/kitschitchtoys) or on YouTube (www.youtube.com/woolicane), plenty of different things to look at, get involved in, buy and so much more still to come.

Two things I want to discuss this week, one is good, one not so much. Let’s start with the good stuff first. Kitsch Itch Toys is going global. Now this was always the intention for the site, to slowly grow and begin selling in Europe then the rest of the world. Circumstances have changed however, as they usually do, and those plans are accelerating. Presently the pricing for shipping to mainland Europe is being researched to work out just the right prices to charge, then it’ll be onward to the USA. By the end of September we expect every item in the store to be shippable right round the world. I’m also looking into finding trading partners in both the USA and in Japan, helping the flow of items both ways. If anyone out there reading this is interested in becoming a trading partner of Kitsch Itch Toys we would love to hear from you. Hopefully we can work something out.  We’re an approachable bunch and we do love to foster a sense of cooperation.

Well that’s the good news, now here comes this week’s rant. I am slightly disappointed that every week I seem to have to have a little moan about something, but here we go. This company has been set up using the UK’s New Enterprise Allowance. A great service which lends money to help set up a business and then gives a small weekly payment to help get you on your feet. Sounds great right, and in many ways it is. I couldn’t have set this up without their help. Still, they make you jump through hoops to get it. I don’t mind that too much, it’s what I’d expect. The trouble comes when they make it impossible to make it through the hoops like they have done me this time. I love the royal mail, but I know full well that I can’t rely on it to have something delivered the next day, not even first class. So when I get a letter late on a Friday afternoon asking to mail evidence of business to another town by Tuesday I’m in trouble. By the time things are gathered on the Saturday I’ve missed the last collection, so it won’t be picked up until Monday, it then needs to be sorted and shipped out to the right town, it may arrive at the town by Tuesday, but no chance of it getting to the office then. So they’ve made sure my payments are stopped, or at least suspended. I’m going in to talk to my local office about it today, hopefully that will sort things out but that doesn’t change the fact that they made this an impossible task to complete. It’s like they don’t want people to succeed. Okay rant over, I just needed to get that off my chest.

Hopefully next week I’ll be able to trumpet my patreons, I’m planning to record videos for that this week to explain and entertain my way into getting to some people to donate. I’m also hoping to have an update about Flay’s First Adventure next week so yeah, things should be positive again then. That’s going to do it for this week though, keep watching the usual channels for some interesting new things coming up, including this week’s top ten video on Friday over at www.youtube.com/woolicane I’ll be talking about Superhero movies I’d love to see, but probably won’t it should be a lot of fun. Check out last week’s episode of Fanon while you’re there, it features me talking about one of my favourite topics, Doctor Who, Ace to be more specific. Until next time…


Sithee

No comments:

Post a Comment