Monday 18 May 2015

Who Ya Gonna Call

Alright,

Welcome to the second instalment of That Kitsch Itch, the blog belonging to Kitsch Itch Toys, the UK’s home for retro and vintage toys. In the first blog I gave a brief overview of who I am and what the shop is about, I’m not going to go over that again here, but if you want to know more about it I recommend you go check it out. This week I want to give a little bit of an update on things. Firstly I want to talk about the website, currently at http:kitschitchtoys.webs.com (this is a temporary address while I wait for my tax code so I can officially take up kitschitchtoys.co.uk). This is going very well (as you well know if you’re reading this post on there, we are featuring each new blog on there in the other fun stuff section). We’ve got a load of products arriving there, still only in a coming soon state at the moment, still in the process of linking it to my paypal, but I expect them to go live and able to be bought by tonight. So that’s all exciting. Also I’ve spent this morning photographing more stock to go online, just a pity that after about the third item added to the site it gets really repetitive. Still I’m pleased at how it’s coming on and it is getting into that really exciting stage.

Then there is the alleged high street store. This was (and still is) a key part of the overall business plan, I found the perfect shop, okay it was a bit of a fixer-upper but it was in a great place, had the right amount of space and (at least for the first year) the rent was reasonable. It all looked good and things were moving nicely. Then the blasted estate agents demanded a bank check. Now that was fair enough, I had no objection to that, I’ve never had any debts (except the loan that I’ve taken for this project; and in the grand scheme of things even that’s not all that much), had no convictions, nothing to suggest I am have any bad credit and the last time I had it checked, which was December, my credit score was as good as it could be. I figured that this bank check was a mere formality that would just get my application rubber stamped. I was wrong. Instead I got an email back saying ‘sorry because of the report from the bank we are refusing your request to rent this space.’ Naturally I pressed for more info but they refused to give me any more details. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the file was too thin, I’ve never borrowed outside of my student loan until now, had no credit cards, etc, but if that’s the problem how can I improve on that if because of it I don’t get the chance. It’s frustrating I can tell you that. So now here I am roaming the streets of the city and looking for new premises, hoping that I won’t just get turned down for no good reason once again.

Still, that’s all part of the game I guess, I’m still enthusiastic about the whole thing and a little set back like that isn’t going to slow me down. Besides there are so many great things still to talk about. Like the package I got through the post today. Who Ya Gonna Call… that’s right I got some Real Ghostbusters figures. The original ones for that matter, the first released figures from 1986. I have in stock now not only the four Ghostbusters but also the proton packs they came with (in various states, but mostly pretty good) and the ghosts they came packaged with. The only thing missing is the card backs, which means I’m calling them complete, which as far as I’m concerned is pretty damned epic. They are going to be offered as separate purchases on the site but if someone’s interested in buying them altogether then contact me through the contact me page on the site and I’m sure we can work something out. 

I think that epic journey will do for this week, more excitement next week, until then remember to check out http:kitschitchtoys.webs.com


Sithee

No comments:

Post a Comment